The Crescent Building Rules and Regulations
1. Sidewalks, halls, passageways, exits, entrances, elevators, escalators, stairways and other common areas shall not be obstructed by Customer or used by Customer for any purpose other than for ingress to and egress from the Premises. Landlord shall in all cases retain the right to control and prevent access thereto by all persons whose presence, in the judgment of the Landlord, shall be prejudicial to the safety, character, reputation or interests of the Building, including its customers and occupants. Nothing shall be swept or thrown into the corridors, halls, elevators or stairways.
2. No sign, placard, picture, name, advertisement or notice (a “Sign”) visible from the exterior of the Premises shall be inscribed, painted, affixed, installed or displayed by Customer without the prior written consent of Landlord. Absent any such consent, Landlord shall have the right to remove any Sign without notice to and at the expense of Customer. Any such consent shall be deemed to relate to only the particular Sign so consented to by Landlord and shall not be construed as dispensing with the necessity of obtaining the prior written consent of Landlord with respect to any other Sign. All approved Signs or lettering on doors and walls shall be inscribed, painted, affixed, installed, printed or otherwise displayed, at the expense of Customer, by a person approved by Landlord and in a manner or style acceptable to Landlord.
3. No curtains, draperies, blinds, shutters, shades, screens or other coverings, awnings, hangings or decorations shall be installed or used in connection with any window or door of the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord, except for normal and customary interior decorations to the Premises not visible from the exterior of the Building. In any event, any such items shall be installed so as to face the interior surface of the standard window treatment established by Landlord and shall in no way be visible from the exterior of the Building. No articles shall be placed or kept on the windowsills or any terraces so as to be visible from the exterior of the Building. No articles shall be placed against glass partitions or doors which might appear unsightly from the outside the Premises. No sashes, sash doors, skylights, windows or doors that reflect or admit light or air into the halls, passageways or other public places in the Building shall be covered or obstructed by Customer without the prior written consent of Landlord.
4. Customer shall not employ or permit any person(s) other than the janitorial contractor of the Landlord to clean the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord. In the event of any permitted person being employed by Customer to do janitorial work, while in the Building and outside of the Premises such person(s) shall be subject to the control and direction of the Building’s management office (not as an agent or servant of Landlord); however, Customer shall in all cases be responsible for the acts of such person(s).
5. Customer and its employees, upon daily departure, shall cause (a) the doors of the Premises to be securely locked, and (b) to the extent practical shut off all faucets, valves and other control apparatuses to water and other resources, so as to prevent waste or damage. With the exception of permitting ingress and egress to the Building, Customer shall keep doors(s) to the Building’s corridors on multi-customer floors of the Building closed at all times.
6. Customer shall not waste electricity, water, heating, air-conditioning or any other resources and shall cooperate fully with Landlord to assure the most effective utilization of such Building resources. Customer shall not attempt to adjust any Building resource controls other than any thermostats specifically installed for Customer’s use. No heating, air-conditioning unit or other similar apparatus shall be installed or used by Customer without the prior written consent of Landlord.
7. Customer shall not alter any lock or access device, nor shall Customer install any new or additional lock, access device or bolt on any door of the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord. In the event of any permitted installation, Customer shall in each case furnish Landlord with a key for any such lock or device.
8. Landlord shall furnish Customer, at no cost to Customer, two (2) keys to the Premises. Customer shall pay a reasonable charge for any additional keys furnished by Landlord. Any card-keys issued by Landlord shall upon such issuance require payment of a refundable deposit in an amount reasonably determined from time to time by Landlord. Customer shall not make or have made copies of any keys or card-keys furnished by Landlord. Customer shall, upon the expiration or sooner termination of its tenancy, deliver to Landlord all of such keys and card-keys, together with any of the keys relating to the Premises including, but not limited to, all keys to any vaults or safes which remain on the Premises. In the event of the loss of any keys furnished by Landlord to Customer, Customer shall pay Landlord (a) the cost thereof (less any deposit paid by Customer) or (b) the cost of changing the subject lock(s) or access device(s) if Landlord deems it necessary to make such change.
9. The toilet rooms, toilets, urinals, washbowls, plumbing fixtures and any other Building apparatus shall not be used for any purpose other than that for which they were constructed; and no foreign substance of any kind shall be thrown therein. Any loss, cost or expense relating to any breakage, stoppage or damage resulting from any violation of this rule shall be borne by Customer.
10. Customer shall not install or utilize any type of electric space heater or milk house heater within the premises. Dallas Fire Code and Dallas Electrical Code specifically forbid the use of space heaters within commercial facilities. Dallas Fire code states that electric heaters may not be installed within 15 feet of any combustible or flammable material.
11. Customer shall not permit any cooking on the Premises (except that private, non-commercial use by Customer and its employees of Underwriters’ Laboratory-approved equipment for the preparation of coffee, tea, hot chocolate and similar beverages, and for the heating of foods, shall be permitted; provided that such equipment is used in accordance with all applicable federal, state and city laws, codes, ordinances, rules and regulations). The Premises shall not be used for lodging or sleeping purposes. If the Premises becomes infested with vermin or pests, Customer, at its sole cost and expense, shall have such pests exterminated by Landlord approved exterminators.
12. All customers will refer any contractors, contractor’s representatives and installation technicians rendering any services to them to Landlord for Landlord’s supervision and approval prior to commencement of any work.
13. Customer shall not install any radio or television antenna, loudspeaker or other device on the roof or exterior of the Building. Customer shall not interfere with any radio or television broadcast or reception from within the Building.
14. The freight elevator shall be available for use by Customer, subject to reasonable scheduling by Landlord. No furniture, freight, equipment, materials, supplies, packages, merchandise or other property shall be received in the Building or carried up or down the elevators, except between such hours and in such elevators designated by Landlord. Any deliveries, removals or relocations of large, bulky or voluminous items, such as furniture, office machinery and equipment, etc., can only be made after obtaining approval from the Landlord, which approval shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed. The customers assume all risks and shall indemnify and hold Landlord harmless against claims of damage to articles moved and injury to persons engaged in such movement, including without limitation damages and injury to equipment, property and personnel of Landlord resulting from acts in connection with such delivery, removal or relocation. All damages done to the Building by the installation or removal of any customer’s property or caused by any customer’s property within the Building, shall be repaired at the expense of such customer.
15. Customer shall not place a load upon any floor of the Premises which exceeds the load per square foot the floor was designed to carry, or any load allowed by law. Landlord shall have the right to prescribe the weight, size and position of safes, any library or other shelving, furniture or other heavy equipment brought into the Building, and Customer shall bear the reasonable fees of any structural engineer hired by Landlord in connection therewith. Safes or other heavy objects shall, if considered necessary to Landlord, stand on wood strips of such thickness as determined by Landlord to be necessary to properly distribute the weight thereof. Landlord shall not be responsible for loss of or damage to any such safes or other heavy objects for any cause; all damages done to the Building by moving or maintaining of any such items shall be repaired at the expense of Customer.
16. No machinery other than the kind considered usual and standard for general office use shall be operated by any customer in its leased area without the prior written consent of Landlord. Business machines or mechanical equipment of Customer, which causes noise or vibration that may be transmitted to the structure of the Building or any space therein to such a degree objectionable to Landlord or any other customers or occupants of the Building, shall be placed and maintained by Customer, at Customer’s expense, on vibration eliminators or other devices sufficient to eliminate such noise or vibration. Customer shall bear the reasonable fees of any acoustical or structural engineer hired by Landlord in connection therewith.
17. Customer shall not mark, drive nails or screws, or drill into the partitions, ceilings or floors of the Premises or in any way deface the Premises except for normal and customary interior decorations.
18. Customer shall not install, maintain or operate on the Premises any vending machine without the prior written consent of Landlord.
19. No animals (other than those assisting the handicapped), including reptiles, birds, fish (or aquariums), or other non-human, non-plant living things or organic Christmas décor of any kind shall be allowed in the Building.
20. There shall not be used in the Building any hand trucks, except those equipped with rubber tires and side guards, or any other material handling equipment, except as approved in advance in writing by Landlord. No scooters, roller skates, roller blades, bicycles, and no other vehicles of any kind shall be brought into and operated within the Project. Bicycles and vehicles may only be parked in areas designated for such purpose.
21. Customer shall store all of its trash and garbage within the interior of the Premises. No materials shall be placed in the Building’s trash boxes or receptacles if such material is of such a nature that it may not be disposed of in the ordinary and customary manner, or if such an act would violate any law or ordinance governing such removal and disposal.
22. Canvassing, soliciting, distributing of handbills or any other written material, and peddling in the Building are prohibited; Customer shall cooperate to prevent such activity. Customer shall not engage in office-to-office solicitation of business from other customers or occupants of the Building.
23. Landlord reserves the right to exclude or to expel from the Building any person who, in Landlord’s judgment, is intoxicated or under the influence of liquor or drugs, or who is in violation of any of these Rules and Regulations.
24. Customer shall comply with all safety, fire protection and evacuation procedures and regulations established by Landlord or any governmental agency. No firearms or weapons of any kind are allowed within the Premises or the Building.
25. No customer shall invite to its premises, or permit the visit of, persons in such numbers or under such conditions to interfere with the use and enjoyment of any of the plazas, entrances, corridors, escalators, elevators, and other facilities of the Building by other customers.
26. Landlord will not be responsible for lost or stolen personal property, money or jewelry from any customer’s Premises or public or common areas regardless of whether such loss occurs when the area is locked against entry or not, except as may be otherwise set forth in the Lease. Customer assumes any and all responsibility for protecting the Premises from theft, robbery and pilferage by taking necessary steps including, but not limited to, keeping doors locked and other means of entry to the Premises closed.
27. Any additional or special requirements of Customer shall be attended to only upon application to the office of the Building by an authorized individual. Employees of Landlord shall not perform any work or do anything outside of the regular duties unless under special instructions from Landlord. No such employees shall admit any person (Customer or otherwise) to any office without specific instructions from Landlord.
28. Landlord may waive any of these Rules and Regulations for the benefit of any particular customer or occupant of the Building in any particular instance; however, no such waiver by Landlord shall be construed as a waiver of these Rules and Regulations with respect to any other customer or occupant thereof. Any revised rules and regulations, when made and written notice thereof is given to a customer, shall be binding upon it in like manner as if originally herein prescribed.
29. Landlord shall provide and maintain an alphabetical directory board for all customers (including Customer and Customer’s third party occupants) in the main lobby of the Building.
30. All mail chutes located in the Building shall be available for use by Landlord and all customers of the Building according to the rules of the United States Postal Service.
These Rules and Regulations are provided as a general guideline. Please refer to your Lease Agreement for information specific to your tenancy.